SALES / MARKETING & EVENTS OFFICER
HOURS OF WORK: 5 days per week. Includes weekend work. Hours have some flexibility but note that summer months are our busiest time.
REPORTING TO: Catherine Maxwell Stuart – Director
SALARY: Relative to experience
START DATE: 1st April 2018
Traquair House is a historic house and visitor attraction open 7 months a year on a daily basis. In addition there are 4 rooms where guests can stay on a bed and breakfast basis. Traquair runs a busy annual programme of events, hosts weddings, dinners and corporate activities. The house attracts around 35- 40,000 visitors per year.
Traquair is a Charitable Trust but is also essentially a family run business and we like to offer a personal service in all areas of our activities. You will join a small team in the office which includes the Director, a bookkeeper and a part time marketing assistant.
To develop new business for Traquair, take direct responsibility for the organisation and smooth running of events, weddings and functions and manage general office admin and assistance to the Director.
- To develop new business and manage all enquiries for Traquair with regard to group visits, weddings, corporate events, accommodation, dinner and functions.
- To ensure the web site and all other digital marketing channels and social media are kept up to date and developed to maximise the potential for marketing Traquair House and its activities.
- To develop and implement a marketing strategy and action plan in consultation with the director.
- Responsibility for developing the wedding business at Traquair. Reviewing existing marketing channels and looking at new opportunities. Answering queries, conducting show rounds and co-ordinating the wedding with clients. Liaising with caterers and marquees. Being in attendance during the event.
- Responsibility for dealing with all group business to Traquair House. This involves answering queries, scheduling tours, visiting and developing relations with tour operators and travel agents. You may also be asked to attend travel fairs and other promotional events form time to time.
- Responsibility for producing business forecast for all staff at Traquair. Liaising with housekeeper, restaurant, guides to ensure smooth running of the house. In addition you will be responsible for producing a monthly guides rota.
- Responsibility for ensuring the accommodation business at Traquair is managed effectively and booking systems updated. Liaising with housekeeper regarding guests and any special requirements.
- Assisting the Director with public events that are run at Traquair. The Medieval Fayre, Easter Eggstravaganza, Dogs Day Out, Beyond Borders and any other events that may be developed.
- Responsibility for managing the work load of our Marketing Assistant and ensuring with marketing activities are prioritised.
- General Administrative duties including answering telephone, emails, maintaining data bases, invoicing for events etc.
- Occasional helping out in whatever area of the house when a need may arise.
Note for applicants:
You should have some previous experience of marketing/sales and a knowledge of hospitality or tourism would be an advantage.
You should be highly organised, a good time manager, at ease with Microsoft word, excel and database management.
You should have excellent communication skills, be at ease with people and enjoying dealing with the public.
You are advised to look at our website in advance of applying www.traquair.co.uk
Own car would be an advantage.
Please apply to Catherine Maxwell Stuart with a covering letter, CV and include two references (these will not be taken up until after the interview stage)
You can apply by email or by post:
Address: Traquair House, Innerleithen, Peeblesshire EH446PW or you may email the following:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm, Wednesday, 28th February 2018